Team America was the 2nd model from the top after the Team Europe
model. It is a Japanese bike built with Italian Columbus SL tubing
and named the Team America. How about that for a mind bender?
1986 Team America model came with a full Dura Ace component group
and lovely Araya Aero 4 tubular wheels. The three color paint job
is perhaps one of Panasonic's more attractive designs.
purchased this bike on ebay during May 2008. It turns out that I
had in fact purchased the bike from the original owner. The bike
was originally purchased from a now defunct Schwinn/Panasonic dealer
in East Liberty, Pennsylvania called The Bike Barn.
Panasonic Team America Specifications:
* List Price:
* Frame: Columbus SL, lostwax seat lug, forged ends.
* Fork: Columbus, forged ends and Dura Ace sealed head set.
* Handlebar: Nitto
* Stem: Custom
* Saddle: Selle Italia Super Turbo with Dura Ace micro adjusting
* Crankset: Shimano Dura Ace 53/42T
* Freewheel: Shimano Dura Ace 7-speed 12-21T, cassette type.
* Chain: Shimano Dura Ace CN-7401 Boron finished links, 1/2²x3/32²x108
links, narrow type.
* Hubs: Shimano Dura Ace, Freehub sealed mechanisms 32H
* Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 7400 S.I.S.
* Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 7400
* Shifting Lever: Shimano Dura Ace 7400 7-speed S.I.S., brazed on
down tube mounted.
* Brakes: Shimano Dura Ace BR-7400, alloy side pull with Dura Ace
aero levers (Dura Ace AX hoods).
* Rims: Araya Aero 4, 700c, 32h, alloy, Super Hard Anodized
* Tires: Continental Giro tubular
* Spokes: Stainless 14G
* Pedals: Dura Ace 7400
* Color: Tri-color fade (official name unknown)